The Miami Valley Crime Prevention Association (MVCPA) was founded in 1975. The organization, composed of police officers, sheriff’s deputies and alarm & security personnel, is the oldest crime prevention association in the State of Ohio. It has been the only crime prevention association to serve the Miami Valley and continues to be the leader amongst regional association’s in Ohio.
The purpose of the Miami Valley Crime Prevention Association is:
- To provide a forum for the exchange and coordination of ideas, concepts and the development of Programs pertaining to crime prevention.
- To provide an effective means of determining and expressing the collective view of all professional crime prevention practitioners from the Greater Miami Valley.
- To focus attention on local, state, and national goals and issues relating to crime prevention.
- To encourage extensive citizen and community involvement in the reduction of crime and criminal opportunity.
- To encourage maximum cooperation between all segments of the criminal justice system and to improve communications with all citizens toward the goal of crime reduction.
- To advise the Ohio Crime Prevention Association on matters relating to the development of comprehensive crime prevention planning and imlementation of those plans for Ohio citizens.
- To promote sound crime prevention planning and implementation of those plans for citizens of the Greater Miami Valley.